Virtual private server (VPS) is basically an isolated virtual machine which is sold as a service by an Internet hosting service provider. VPS Hosting is an optimal bridge between shared hosting and dedicated servers. You can customize VPS plans completely to match your specific hosting needs and upgrade anytime as your site grows.
The VPS is often chosen by small businesses that needs a customized web site and more control on their server but cannot afford a dedicated server. One more useful aspect of VPS technology is the ability of a single subscriber to maintain multiple virtual servers. For example a Web site holder might use one server for the production-level and the other as a “dummy site” that can be used for testing planned updates, modifications or new programs. Further there is always expectation for a significant increase in traffic over the next few months.
Few advantages of VPS are:
1) Absolute Isolation: Your package and its applications remain uninfluenced irrespective of what another users does on the server.
2) Root Access: This also allows you to install many application of your choice depending on its compatibility.
3) Guaranteed Resources: The CPU, RAM, HDD and bandwidth that have being allocated to your package will always be available for your applications; irrespective of any situation.
4) Flexibility: You can configure almost anything you wish on the server as you own the same.
Most of the web hosting companies also provide some free Services with their VPS Hosting plans like:
1) Free Server Security Audit Report
2) Free Network intrusion protection
3) Free McAfee Virus Scan
4) Free Server and service monitoring
5) Free global access monitoring
They are the perfect hosting platform for a wide range of websites and web projects – from start-ups and small online business enterprise to large corporate properties.
Are you looking for a VPS Hosting in India? You can Browse our website www.hostrightnow.in, a professional web hosting company in India, deals in dedicated server hosting, vps hosting, shared hosting, reseller hosting etc.